Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Finally, a card! With the Cricut!!!

But first, a story....(scroll down for the card if you don't want to read my rambling....)

As I said yesterday, I have been sick for the past couple of weeks. A month actually...
I started a new medicine the week of Thanksgiving for my Crohn's Disease in addition to steroids. The symptoms I was taking the meds for disappeared, but I couldn't nail down the cause of the nausea. I ended up having my immune system all out of whack because of the steroids and ended up with Shingles on Dec. 10th. I was fine and the next minute I was throwing up and broke out into a rash. All in a matter of 15 minutes. The worst part was that was my *last* night of my master's class and I had to miss it. :( Not to mention that I was ready to hurl during the entire graduation ceremony. Right, Holly? Poor thing, she got stuck sitting next to me, but she did a bang up job keeping my mind off of throwing up. :) Here we are after the ceremony:

Then the weekend before Christmas, I start getting nauseous and get a fever. Christmas Eve...urinary tract infection. December 26th...puking. So my husband hauls my butt to Urgent Care (in my I cared) on Thursday night and I've got the flu AND my liver enzymes are 10 TIMES too much and I'm dehydrated. So, I get an IV and some nausea medication and get sent home. Did I mention that he took a picture of me sleeping on the mini-bed while getting my IV fluids?

I start putting two and two together and realize it's the medicine I started during Thanksgiving, not the medicine for the Shingles like I thought. I stop taking the meds on Friday (after throwing up some more...are you seeing a pattern here?) I went to my gastro guy on Monday (my first time getting dressed in almost a week) and he confirms that I will live and that I cannot take the Imuran anymore. Additionally, my wacky liver enzymes are probably because of the Imuran as well. So, I'm having more blood work in a week and maybe an ultrasound to rule anything out. In the meantime, I'm now finally back to my normal self and have eaten more cheese balls today (the little orange crunchy ones) than any sane person should. The bucket is about double the size of a gallon of milk, but I haven't eaten them all.....yet. I see more puking in my future. on to the card! I was going to go downstairs and play with that Cricut if it killed me. I had not made a card in three weeks..since finishing the Christmas cards. ***side note- Dear husband wants to know WHAT THE HECK I am typing over here....I'll know if he reads it or not. He subscribes to my blog!*** Back to the story. My friend Holly (remember her from Graduation?) says that she used her Cricut to make Christmas thank you cards. Ding! That's what I'll do! This card took F-O-R-E-V-E-R! I should have just played around and not had my mind set on actually making a card! Geesh. Here's what I ended up with...and only ONE of them, I might add.

I *think* when I make the others, I will make the parenthesis a little bit smaller? And I might cut off the "s" on thanks. And maybe put the word "you" in the middle of the parenthesis instead of the flower. Everything is Stampin' Up! except for the Cricut. Here are the details:
  • Stamps-Simply Said
  • Cardstock-Barely Banana, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava
  • Ink-Wild Wasabi
  • Accessories-Ice Rhinestones
  • Cricut Mini Monograms cartridge


Aunt T said...

Great card. I love the colors. I'm trying to steer clear of wanting a Cricut and your not helping :)


Whoopsie Daisy! said...

I am so sorry to hear how sick you were. I had shingles back in Jan of 2006 when my baby was 11 months old. Excruciating. I hope you are feeling better.

That is a cute card! I have managed not to get a Cricut so far and like Teresa said, you are not helping! lol!