Monday, January 7, 2008

God Bless America




Ok, so it's not 4th of July. (That would be awesome, though, wouldn't it?!?) I started this name frame a long time ago and never finished it. Now that I have my new Cricut, I went back to work. One of my cartridges has a God Bless America saying....perfect! I put these name frames out for each season (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer) and also for my daugher's room and son's teacher. I now want to expand for holidays. I want one for Easter, Halloween, Christmas, etc. This one was going to say 4th of July, but I thought that was too limiting. This way, I can use it for Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day! Pretty swifty, huh?

I used a white Prima flower and colored it with an SU! marker in Not Quite Navy. Right in the middle went a red Stampin' Up! Rhinestone brad. I tried to make a little ribbon in the corner, but once it got smushed flat, it looks yucky. I also added blue and red ribbon at the bottom under "America". I need to put something else up in that corner. Right now that corner is pretty UGLY. Maybe I'll find a flag or some other kind of embelly to go there. :) I have time, right....it's only January. Suggestions are welcome!

6 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Very cool....always love a good Fourth of July project!

BTW--you won my blog candy...please email me your information so i can get it out to you!

Lori said...

Nice job! What a great idea for a seasonal decoration for your home.

JenMarie said...

This is Fabulous!!

Jackie said...

Very pretty! And yes, it would be cool if it was July 4 - at least it would be warm!!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is great!!!

Unknown said...

I love this frame! Awesome!!