Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day card




This is the card I made my mom for Mother's Day. It is based off of the Ginger Blossom page 169 Item # 110697 designer paper colors. I also found inspiration from these cards. I love the color combination. I never would have thought of adding the Certainly Celery color, but I am really happy with the way it turned out.
I colored directly onto the Whisper White with Stampin' Up!'s markers in the rectangle, but I colored directly onto the stamp and huffed for the circle. This gives a watercolored look and it is not as bright.
All supplies are from Stampin' Up! except for the ribbon and the sentiment:

Stamp Sets:
Artfully Asian page 56 Item # 106772

Cardstock and Ink:
Black StazOn
Cameo Coral
Ruby Red
Certainly Celery
Whisper White

Signo White gel pen

Stampin' Up! circle punches, Scallop punch and slit punch

14 comments:

Melzie said...

Looks great!! I didn't even think to take a picture of the card I sent to my mom.. LOL!! Oh well... next year. :)

Jess said...

This is very pretty. I love the colors and the layout.

Helen said...

Beautiful! That's a gorgeous stamp set.

Godelieve said...

Oh, this is a gorgeous card! So pretty!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Nancy said...

This is a very pretty card...love the colors you used.

Laura lok said...

gorgeous card

Lesly said...

I love this card! Thank you for sharing. Lesly

loree2000 said...

Love the choice of colors and your sense of humor! Very pretty card!

Jennifer Murai said...

Beautiful card. TFS

Nancy said...

Beautiful!!! Love the colours!!!

Mandy said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous! I love the little dots on the scallops! I'll have to try that...

Erika H. said...

This is such a pretty card. I love that dp. The scalloped edge is the perfect touch.

Stacy said...

Very pretty!