Wednesday, July 4, 2007

More Organization!




I decided that I've had my catalog for 6 days and it was HIGH time to get divider labels on each section of the catalog. I'm so used to where everything is and now I'm lost! Can't find anything! You would assume that looking at the new catalog for hours on end for the past six days, I'd have this thing memorized. Not so.

My first brainstorm was to print the headings on cardstock, punch them out, laminate using my Xyron laminator and then run it through the Xyron sticker maker. So......I did all that. They were beautiful. Except for one thing. After you laminate, the adhesive of the sticker doesn't stick to the lamination. Ugh.

So, back through the whole process again....print on Stampin' Up! Bordering Blue cardstock, punch out using a 1 1/4 inch circle punch and then through the sticker maker. PERFECTION. I also printed out TWO copies of the labels so that the words are on both sides. I stuck on the first sticker on one side, flipped the page and attached the second sticker/circle to the first one. Mighty genius, I think. Click on one of the pictures to see it close up for yourself.

If you would like the Word document for the labels, post a comment below with your email address and I'll send it right off to you! Why don't you subscribe while you're at it?

To answer the binding question....I took it to my local Office Max. I had them cut off the binding, laminate the front and back covers, then bind it. The whole deal cost me about $5. LOVE IT!

6 comments:

Renee said...

This is really cool! How did you bind it?

Anonymous said...

Hi- I would LOVE to receive the labels! Thanks and I just joined your blog! Hugs Kay Mespelt petking@vcn.com

Gail said...

I would love to receive the labels. I plan on subscribing to your bloge

Gail said...

My e-mail is gaillowens@bellsouth.net. Thanks Gail

Alison Shiloh Wear said...

what a fabulous idea! I may have to do the same with mine. I always have a hard time keeping my catty separate from the ones I use for workshops, so it would be helpful to bind the edge.

Michelle Clark said...

I did this with a few of mine and the tab punch. I couldn't get them to print right, so ended up just writing on the punch. I would love a copy of your word document.

crazystampchick1@yahoo.com